• Page:

TOPIC: Fuel Pump Faulty

Fuel Pump Faulty 22 Feb 2011 17:12 #204

• MyZafira
  • Administrator
rabbit
Post subject: Fuel Pump Faulty
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 04:05

Hye guys...lama tak masuk forum..adalah dalam 4-5 days...Something happened to my nabira last week. After incidents happen to our fren SBF & Jafni I was so terrified beacuse i'm using the water pump like them, anyway this is not the waterpump story..after meeting with Azaim a day before he flew to Korea ( hantar minyak Q-Lube )..i experienced my nabira lost power when climbing the road near Tesco Extra Cheras..When i try to overtake 1 wire suddenly i feel my car lost its power & when i tekan minyak..its feel empty..kosong ajer..Panic jugak coz i drove in the fast lane..Quickly i manage to pull my car to the middle lane & suudenly the power comes back..I thought maybe its my turn...water pump kong...but then it happened again when i reached Ulu kelang...

The next day I immidately sent my car for 120K service..cant wait any longer...found out my spark plug was badly burnt..I think maybe thats the cause of the car suddenly loose power..then that nite it happened again at Sunway Pyramid..I was panic again..what the hell happening..spark pluyg is new...i called ahtap & manage to get Shared Auto guys to come down during our Friday TT to take a look..Done everything that nite in Kinrara R&R...Clean throttle Body..Check vaccum hose & replace it with new modified one..Evrything possible..but on my way back to Ulu Kelang..It still happened...so dangerous the car can suddenly lost power just like that..& engine dies..Spannar light appear & cant be shut off..ShiT..have no choice...i called Ahtap..& he came to the rescue...can u imagine it was 4.30am in the morning i had to leave my car at Petrol station in Shah Alam Kesas Highway...Ahtap sleeps at my place..

That morning had a quick breakfast with Ahtap & we rush to Ecotec..coz its the nearest SC there..Wait for Nik until 12.30pm coz there lots of car waiting to use Tech-2...When we reach the petrol station..Nik plug in The tech-2 & discovers error code " Knocking Sensor Faulty"...He erase it & engine can be start as normal..drive slowly to Ecotec & had the car diagnose...Put Tech-2 in cant find anything no error code & car can start easily...All sudah pening..what's the problem..what's the issue with this car...lastly amir suggest to dismantel the Fuel tank & see whats wrong with the fuel pump since the Pressure gauge give some funny readings..Jarum gauge cant stay in 1 place..it was running ups & down..Crazy!!.Nothing happened with the fule tank..no crack..no broken parts & it doesnt show any signs of faulty..Nik put some extra oil seal to cover any leakage if any..Wait at Ecotec until 9pm with the engine running..Amir said..Bawak kereta ni dulu mlm ni & monitor..kalau ok..esok boleh balik muar...had dinner with Ahtap at Puchong makan Tom Yam & continue with Football TT with Oiskan & Bangau at BTHO...nothing happened..thank god..tomorrow can go back muar...

To be continue.....

rabbit
Post subject:
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 04:07

Ok sambung balik...

The next day I went back to muar....
So far car running smooth....until i reached Balai Panjang in Malacca..Suddenly engine dies again...Oh..God...What the hell is happening... 2 times the engine dies at traffic light...I'm causing Jam in Bandar Melaka that day...How emberassing...

Then..i stop at Petronas balai Panjang & Call Ujang & Afiqiman...Curtesy of Ujang he called Edaran NHL guys to help me..He came 40 mins later & he tried to attend the prob. but unfortunately he cant find any error & problem with my car...Engine can start as normal just with 1 crank...Then i told him..i will tried to drive to muar slowly..had to take the risk...from malacca to Muar..my car engine dies 5 times...Luckily theres only few cars around...

The next day...morning I drive the car back to KL...in the highway itself another 5 times the engine suddenly dies during driving...lost power & need to pull aside to avoid any mishaps...Luckily i arrived at Bangi SC during lunch time...& i ask Azlee to help me with this...Melvin also pening how to solve the prob...Put tech-2 no error code..engine start as normal...then he test drive my car...engines dies at UKM roundabout & he took back the car to SC & tried to clean the ECU Contact point..also the same ..car dies few minutes after hit the road...No choice...He swap my fuel tank with another breakdown Nabira there..& ask me to test...Engine runs okay...no more power lost & also...no more engine dies...So..???Guys??....Its FUEL PUMP FAULTY or maybe FUEL PUMP REGULATOR Faulty...very rare case but as far as i know 3 nabira already had this problem..1 in Shared Auto..1 in Malacca & I'm the latest one...Becarefulll....if u had any experience like me...it may due to your faulty fuel pump...now..i need to search for new Fuel Pump or 2nd hand one because the one i'm using now is only temporary borrow from the brake down nabira...

Just to shared my stories with u all...hope it only happened to me...not to others...

Mysteries Mechine
Post subject: fuel pump
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 07:55
Forum Members

salam kereta saya pun pernah mati tiba2(last time) .... at least 2 kali ..... skrg nie bila bukak aircond meter rpm tak tentu arah ....(kejap turun kejap naik) ..... rasa2 nye ada kena mengena tak dgn fuel pump.... (have to check with ecotech) good info......

ZafIrmscher4413
Post subject:
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 08:22
Forum Members

Rabbit,
Panjangnye kau punya story...good info , Berapa harga Fuel pump ni agaknya...? Memang tak pernah kena sebelum ni . Yang aku kena hari tu cuma engine gegar je fuel pump ventilation valve contact problem.....

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 09:14
Founder

emmmm sungguh detail ceritanya rabbit..Image ....good info to share just asking which fuel pump that u change ?the back fuel pump near the rear tyre?if that fuel pump u need to change every 80k milleage.....as long it is not the major one it is ok...only headache also ahhhhhh so many SC u went to diagnos.....but i think your problem solved already....so next time read the scheduled service reminder to see which part that we need to replace and in what milleage....so now u can enjoy ur speeding ......

mkhayat
Post subject:
Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 10:35
Maxflow & Sprint Booster Owner

Saya rasa there is a way to check our fuel pump malfunctioning. If not mistaken there is fuel line pressure release valve located beside the injection unit. By slightly opening this valve, high pressure fuel will be released through this valve. If nothing happen, means something wrong with the pump system. I think sifu can explain this. Please get me right if I am wrong.

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 23 Feb 2008 09:10
Founder

opssss my mistakes sorry everybody...what i mean by changing every 80k milleage is fuel filter.....not fuel pump as what rabbit told here......

rabbit
Post subject: Re: fuel pump
Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 23:59

apismahmud wrote:
salam kereta saya pun pernah mati tiba2(last time) .... at least 2 kali ..... skrg nie bila bukak aircond meter rpm tak tentu arah ....(kejap turun kejap naik) ..... rasa2 nye ada kena mengena tak dgn fuel pump.... (have to check with ecotech) good info......

I still experience this until now...masalahnya dia intermitent...kadang2 jadi...kadang2 tak...hmm...Dah jumpa amir utk diagnos ttg perkara ni tp still happen cuma tak sekerap dulu...amir just resetting or retune throttle body jer..Image

rabbit
Post subject:
Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 00:03

nabIrmscher4413 wrote:
Rabbit,
Panjangnye kau punya story...good info , Berapa harga Fuel pump ni agaknya...? Memang tak pernah kena sebelum ni . Yang aku kena hari tu cuma engine gegar je fuel pump ventilation valve contact problem.....

Aku bekum bayar lagi sebab bangi suruh aku test & monitor for a week or two..anyway harga untuk potong parts around RM 650- RM700..Tp ada satu masalah....Selalunya kedai potong dia nak jual sekali dgn Fuel Tank...so..paham2 jerla kalau dia tolak sekali dgn tank..bertank2 jugak ongkosnya...kalau kat sinun harganya dalam RM850 - RM900++ utk brand new...Kat Malaysia Chevy SC quote RM2075....Fuyooooo!!!!!!!..Kat ecotec aku tak tanya lagi...Image

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 00:04
Founder

so rabbit.....not solved yet lerrr...emmm what is the really culprit?even using others fuel pump also kena. sekali sekala meaning it is still there.....

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 00:08
Founder

rabbit wrote:
nabIrmscher4413 wrote:
Rabbit,

Aku bekum bayar lagi sebab bangi suruh aku test & monitor for a week or two..anyway harga untuk potong parts around RM 650- RM700..Tp ada satu masalah....Selalunya kedai potong dia nak jual sekali dgn Fuel Tank...so..paham2 jerla kalau dia tolak sekali dgn tank..bertank2 jugak ongkosnya...kalau kat sinun harganya dalam RM850 - RM900++ utk brand new...Kat Malaysia Chevy SC quote RM2075....Fuyooooo!!!!!!!..Kat ecotec aku tak tanya lagi...Image

rabbit adakah dengan menukar tank dan yg berkenaan akan solve problem?banyak uang tu bro......perghhhh riban-riban juga ....but ade amir cakap apakah sebab musabab dia jadi begitu?nak tau juga kenapa jadi begitukan?kalau boleh prevent kita prevent dulu.....

mkhayat
Post subject:
Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 08:14

Ini satu hal jugak. Fuel pump ni faulty sebab apa ye ? Is it our fuel really that bad. Banyak bendasing kat dalam.
Anyaway, sepatutnya this part is replacable, bukan tukar dengan fuel tank sekali.

ZafIrmscher4413
Post subject:
Post Posted: 26 Feb 2008 12:43
Forum Members

Rabbit,
Just guest je....try check your Fuel Pump Ventilation Valve......takut breathing tak cukup atau sumbat engine boleh OFF....

rabbit
Post subject:
Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 06:31

Amir ada bgtau possibility Fuel Pump ventilation Valve tu punya error..tp masa kat bangi diorg tak berani nak dismantle fuel pump drpd fuel tank tu coz benda alah tu sensitive..so nak senang keje & aku pun nak cepat..diorg replace sekali dgn fuel tank...Amir cakap..fuel pump & fuel regulator@ventilation valve tu dijual berasingan..harga dia kawan tak berapa pasti...Image

Source of the problem dah dapat di kecilkan...Amir said possibility tu antara Fuel pump prob. @ Fuel regulator prob. Dua tu jer..yg lain tak mungkin sebab Tech-2 takleh reading apa2..kata Amir pulak kalau Fuel pump tu problem..kereta langsung takleh start..tp nabira aku after engine dies..senang jer nak start balik...sekali crank jer dah hidup engine..

mkhayat
Post subject:
Post Posted: 27 Feb 2008 09:22

bro rabbit, if that's the case moslt likely regulator problem. Or maybe fuel pump relay not function properly. On and off... kejap ada kejap tak de.. Thats my opinion..

Re: Fuel Pump Faulty 22 Feb 2011 17:17 #205

• MyZafira
  • Administrator
myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 11:01
Founder

RJA wrote:
hello geng,
Nasib baik ada simpan no myzafira. Nak syer pengalaman my nabira merajuk sebab salah isi minyak.

Hari Khamis lepas bawak famill jalan2 kat taiping, tengah syok layan corner ikut jln lama, minyak pulak kering. Terjumpa caltex dan terus isi rm100 (ada org tlg isikan).

Hari Jumaat, kat pekan kuala kangsar, tengah tunggu "mem" beli barang, lampu immobilizer dan TC nyala. Masuk D, langsung tak jln. Kalau ramp kat P, rpm naik mcm biasa. Last2 turun gear 2 baru boleh jln 20km/j.Carik tempat parking teduh, mati enjin, kontek member. Myzafira kasi no Mr Heng (seberang prai), ada member dtg selamatkan family dan carik tow truck. After about 1 hour, try start lagi dan boleh jln, tapi setakat 90km/j je, bawak sampai w/shop Chan Heng Auto, kat Prai - selamat rm500, cost tow truck

Tech2 indicate "incomplete combustion". Buang minyak (dekat 2 tong)- suspek dia isik minyak regular / RON 91, tukar plug, fuel filter dan isik minyak baru.After flushing fuel system, Tech2 indicate "Lean Exhaust", lampu gambar enjin kat dashboard tu nyala tapi kete dah boleh jln mcm biasa. Mr Heng suspek exhaust kotor/sumbat, tapi enjin dah ok.Taruk lagi fuel additive utk betul2 cuci fuel system.Total cost rm350.

Sekarang kete dah jln mcm biasa tapi kalau bawah 60km/j masih terasa semput2 sikit, lampu enjin tu masih nyala.Harap2 takde problem besar lagi.

Moral of the story - Jgn percaya sangat org yg isikan mintak kete tu, nasib baik tak disumbatkan diesel...bukan merajuk lagi, mogok terus

Ok RJA have a problem again...and until now Amir from Ecotec still cannot verify the problem....another nabira have the same problem also...amir already test all the sensor related still cannot solve the problem..will update again what actually the problem...pity to RJA sound very down and frustrated.....

oiskan202
Post subject:
Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 16:58

tghari td pi workshop amir ... mesti nasihat berkenaan keta aku yg accident ...

jumpa suhairi ... mbr ramp it gak cuma dia malu2 nak post apa2 ... hehehe ...

then nampak la keta RJA ... mula2 tu aku x perasaan, setelah tgk ada Max Flow, ha ni mesti geng nie ...

yup keta dia still troubleshoot lagi ... hopefully yur car will be back to normal again ...

then jumpa dr siraz - lubukemas ... keta dia water pump rosak, head + valve bengkok ...

sebelum ni, dia pi kat shah alam, quote 8k complete with new head ...

terperanjat mbr, nasib baik dia tanya abg adnan, rekomen tarik ke ecotec ...

then nampak keta apis gak td ... ada prob lg ke apis?

ZafIrmscher4413
Post subject:
Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 19:33
Forum Members

RJA kena problem yg sama ke....? engine tiba2 mati sendiri ke....? Ingatkan dah solve problem , tak pe biar Amir troubleshoot tengok...Banyak bersabar bro RJA...

Mysteries Mechine
Post subject: problem
Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 08:23
Forum Members

Semalam kereta hantar kat Amir tak aper problem................ tiba2 lampiu semua menyala, pastu meter kejap turun naik........... pastu berhenti kereta kat stesen minyak ... start balik ok jap....... sampai rumah enjin kereta tak leh nak mati plak (kunci dah tarik kuar) .. dekat 15 minit masuk balik dlm kereta main gear skit past baru enjin boleh off..... nak start balik takleh ......Pagi tu enjin boleh start bawak jumpa amir .... check punya last2 amir ckp takde problem..... tapi masih tak puas hati..... tu yg suruh amir check tu....

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 09:18
Founder

emmm pening juga ni ....ini symptom baru...tak leh mati engine even kunci dah tarik keluar menakjubkan......first time aku dengar ni....nanti aku recee dari sifu dan my others sources....Image

Mysteries Mechine
Post subject: salam....
Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 09:38
Forum Members

tolong.............. kereta ada turbo timer walaupun tak pasang turbo timer....camna (rasa2 kita nie boelh set ker cam turbo timer heheheh)

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 00:35
Founder

emmm apis...aku cuma heran bila kau tulis engine tak mati bila tarik kunci keluar....adakah kau pasti yg kau dengar tu bunyi engine...bukan bunyi fan......sebab kekadang jika kereta ada masalah fan tu akan tetap berpusing dan berhenti pada satu masa.....itu yg aku boleh fikir sekarang.....takan le kunci dah ditarik keluar engine masih hidup itu miracle...but aku rasa yg kau dengar tu bunyi fan.....

ZafIrmscher4413
Post subject:
Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 06:11
Forum Members

Pelik memang pelik....aku tak pernah dengar problem macam ni......ignition switch ada problem kut.....Image Tapi dah check semuanya ok kan.......

Mysteries Mechine
Post subject: salam
Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 08:26
Forum Members

Tak Munkin fan sebab bila saya ramp............. meter RPM tu naik jugak...... takkan fan kot.... masa tu dah malam pukul 12 ... aircond kereta semua dah tutup..... kereta dah amik dah amir assume problem kat battery... so dia suruh saya pakai batteri dia dulu pastu dia akan drain-out battery saya pastu mintak tukar claim battery yg lain ...... (kalau tak boleh jugak berserah jelah .......)

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 09:21
Founder

aduh apis ni dah jadi misteri nusantara ni....pukul 12 malam lak tu......biar betul.....scary movie ni.....pandai pun pakai nama ramp......it...heheheheheheh..try test dulu aku rasa no major problem kot.....another thing RJA's car.....from the info now his car can move back after amir try to change most of the items...another nabira also have the same problem but after change the fuel sensor back to normal....i think RJA's car have the same problem but we wait the final result......

myzafira
Post subject:
Post Posted: 18 Jun 2008 15:27
Founder

I received the call from RJA mentioning what happen to his car....also i give a call to amir and seem that amir told me that the air sensor faulty due to maxflow...i cannot understand..maxflow give the problem????so amir using back the original filter and the car back to normal also amir told me the maxflow too dirty....i not satisfied with this statement and will take back the maxflow and test to myzafira....for me the things are related to each others well i will do the testing to myzafira and tell the outcome in maxflow & sprint booster talk....

mkhayat
Post subject:
Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 10:05

If maxflo too dirty, that I agree. It may cause sensor sense something not right. So that is why maxflo kena cuci selalu. I do it every 10,000 km. Memang banyak habuk dan pasir yang tersadai kat maxflo filter tu..

Re: Fuel Pump Faulty 09 Feb 2018 22:58 #2442

• MyZafira
  • Administrator
Baru baru ni...tetiba myzafira cannot start the engine...can crank but the engine cannot be started....emmm battery ok....others seem like ok...so just left the car and drive my vectra...at the evening try again to start the engine.....alhamdulillah ..can start the engine..the next day pepagi dah tak boleh start balik..emmm nak tak nak kena tow juga..alhamdulillah kereta tak leh start kat rumah....so call takaful provider...leh guna tow free hantar ecotech....
Doctor pun cek confirm fuel pump satu set kena tukar...alhamdulillah hari tu tukar tank tapi still using old fuel pump..dah nak masuk 14 tahun my zafira ni so....memang berbaloi ...still good alive and kicking....hehheehe...
  • Page: